Post-Volcano: Eco-Community Volunteer Body Work
Physical Work in Hawaii – Work as a Workout!
Many Volunteers and Interns who have worked on our community in the tropics describe themselves as feeling more fit and healthy than they have in years!
If you are from the city and have not done much physical work before do not get discouraged! We have plenty of things to do such as light weeding or cleaning which is not too strenuous! As long as you have enthusiasm and a willingness to learn then you will pick up new skills while you are here.
Volunteer jobs for those who like BODY work!
- Weeding – We weed the invasive species and replace them with lush flowers, plants, fruits, and trees.
- Sustainable Gardener: Assisting in ground preparation, planting, plant identification, composting, harvesting. If you like working with a machete, a shovel a pickax or weedwacker then you will love our volcanic jungle landscape!
Household & Beauty
- Housekeeping: Kitchen & Bathroom: Light Household cleaning duties (vacuuming, dish-washing cleaning, laundry)
- Community Maintenance: General Household duties
- Community Beautification: If you have any skill such as natural home decor and see a way that you can contribute to beautifying the property and it’s facilities then, as long as we approve it, you can be a Community Beautician!
- Sewing/Patching – Proficiency with hand sewing or using a sewing machine. We reuse broken tents by sewing them together into patchwork quilts for colorful tent windows, walls and doors.
- Painting – For those of you who find it soothing to paint!
Building & Maintenance (Jack or Jill of all Trades! )
- Repairs and Maintenance: A people friendly handy-person is always welcome at Hedonisia. There is always something on the property in need of repairs or improvement!
- Eco-Builder! Specialist Eco-Builders can work using their skills. We especially like applicants who enjoy work using renewable and recycled materials:
- Carpenter – Building small projects and custom furniture. We try to use materials such as Strawberry Guava which is a fast-growing tropical hardwood that is an invasive species in Hawaii and is all over the Hedonisia Solitude Property.
Volunteer at Hedonisia Hawaii
Please allow 10-20 minutes to complete this online application.
Hedonisia Solitude Application Form