Many interns see our intern program as an affordable way to stay long term at a fun eco-community in Hawaii. We understand and accept that.
However, our goal with this internship is to create a working educational program whose ultimate goal is to ‘graduate’ C.A.F.E. Entrepreneurs who go out and change the world!
Our internship is NOT a job so we don't pay a salary! The benefits you receive are:
- 2-Day Work Week! You get free lodgings in Hawaii for only two full work days a week (three days for couples)! The hours are long on those two days - from 8:30am to 10:30pm and you will work hard. However, there is much down-time during those shifts and by concentrating your work into only 2 days, you have have 5 days off to earn extra income or simply to enjoy Hawaii, exploring the attractions of our paradise island!
- Accommodations Included. Please visit our Community Intern FAQ for more info on the various rustic 'jungle lodgings' that are available for Community Management Interns, both couples and singles.
- Tropical Garden Produce. Interns have unlimited access to the Hedonisia gardens which produce a number of edible crops depending on the season. (Approx. value: $60 per month).
- Moving to or just enjoying Hawaii. A self motivated couple or individual can use this position as a foundation from which to create opportunities in Hawaii and elsewhere. Or they can simply enjoy their days off to be a tourist in paradise!
- Living in Paradise! Yes that is a real benefit! The Puna region of Hawaii is beautiful, lush green, alternative, New Age, wacky, Pagan, eccentric and eco-friendly! We try to stay on earth at Hedonisia but we love living in our little island paradise!
- Free Laundry. Two free laundry loads a week valued at $40 per month.
- The Hedonisia Handbook is the training manual for all applicants. Normally priced at $9.95, it is included with the cost of the Intern Training Fee.
- Social Entrepreneur Start-Up Incubator! Hedonisia also provides support as a start-up incubator for interns with a C.A.F.E. Entrepreneur idea of their own!
- Intern Entrepreneur Partner. We have a number of eco-feminist projects that interns can choose to be more deeply involved with.