Intellectual Mind Work Volunteer in Hawaii!
Hedonisia offers post-volcano mind-work volunteer variations on our Intern, Volunteer & Guest programs where, based on their skills and interests, they can contribute Heart, Body or Brain Work for a discount stay in Hawaii.
The volunteer programs of most intentional communities in Hawaii involve physical work. However, at Hedonisia, we appreciate living in our rainforest paradise but we are not blind to the world’s problems.
Though we are a tiny community out here in the middle of the Pacific, we are actively engaged in social entrepreneur web projects allowing qualified volunteers to ‘work with their mind’ in the rainforest!
Many Guests and Volunteers are only here for a limited time in Hawaii. They may prefer to do physical or creative work outside to balance their more indoor life on the mainland.
For those who are interested in being a mind work volunteer, please read on!
a) Eco-Hospitality Mind Work Volunteer Projects
- Hedonisia Handbook. This is our evolving book on sustainable community management. It is also the training manual for all Interns. Our community projects are founded on the concept of social enterprise; creating businesses that address environmental and social needs as well as making a profit.
- HedonisiaHawaii.com and Hedonisia.com. We always need to update and edit content, photos, and info on our community websites!
- Grant Funding Writer – Writing Grant Applications to secure funding for our social enterprise and community initiatives and community rebirth.
- iMovie Video Editor: We are using video more and more as a practical instructional as well as a PR tool. Applicants who have experience editing video in iMovie can be part of our video projects! We use iMovie to edit our videos. So if you love video editing and can work efficiently, you are welcome to volunteer or intern with us
- Tech Geeks in the Jungle! Web Design, WordPress site maintenance. Apple or Android App Developers or other Techies with needed skills can also apply to be a Specialty Intern Community Member at Hedonisia.
- SEO & Social Media – A mind work volunteer choosing this specialty should have written communication skills, a marketing background, and experience with social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube with new sites being created all the time! Great for someone with social media skills! Search Engine Optimization would be for those with WordPress skills.
b) Eco-Feminist Mind Work Web Projects!
‘Pleasurable Activism’ in Paradise!
We have fun in our little island paradise but also work on a Portfolio of EcoFeminist Web Projects with a global reach.
These are the sites we work on in the background that are part of the entrepreneurial activism we practice at Hedonisia. Interns, guests and volunteers provide assistance in site development and maintenance.
c) Activist/EcoFeminist Entrepreneur Online Resources:
- Activist Entrepreneur. Learn to create a business embodying Community, Activist, Feminist, Environmental &/or EcoSex principles!
- EcoFeminist Entrepreneur.com. Ecourse on how to create a business supporting gender equality.
- SextoSavetheWorld.org: Using sexuality to create companies and to encourage open discussions that address social problems.
d) Activist/EcoFeminist Entrepreneur Services:
- EcoSensual.org: Sex Positive Natural Birth Control Methods for Lovers
- Natural Abortion.org & Natural Miscarriage.org: Reproductive rights and info for sex-positive pro-choice women or those in conservative and poor regions of the world.
- Tantric Ganja: A marijuana based aphrodisiac for female sexual empowerment and pleasure.
- World Art Erotica: A virtual museum of sensual art and literature from around the world.
e) Hedonisia Rebirth & Crowdfunds
f) Youtube Channel
- Mojo & Hedonisia Lava Flow: Life before and after the volcano.
If you are interested in being a mind work volunteer, let us know in your application your special skills related to any of the above projects!
Hedonisia Community Entrepreneur Membership
Members receive access to the Hedonisia Handbook. This ebook is also for those who live in an urban area and wish to create an Urban ‘micro-community’.
Through hard work and experimentation, we developed a practical set of guidelines and ideas that allowed us to evolve and grow over the years into a sustainable community.