Hedonisia Cancelation Guidelines and Reservation Information
Some of the links below will redirect you over to our community website hedonisia.com
Hedonisia Hawaii is small but also big! To protect our abundance of nature, we have limited our community size to 12 lodging spaces on 4 acres of land. As a result, we can be fully booked rather quickly!
- Check-In Times. Our check-out time is at 11am. Check-in time is at 2pm – 10pm though we suggest arriving in daylight hours so you can appreciate the beauty of the property and to know your way around!
- Late Arrivals. For arrivals after 10pm a Manager has to wait up for you so we have the following Late Check-In Fees: From 10pm to 12pm Midnight: $10 and After Midnight: $20 Please pay the Intern on duty directly in cash
- Book Reservation: Once you have received a price quote for your reservation either by email or telephone you may pay for your reservation online via the invoice we email or by telephone where you can pay by credit card.
- Confirmation. Once Reservation payment is received you will receive your confirmation by email. This will also be your official receipt of payment.
- Eco-Driving Donation Pickup Service. We offer a Donation based Pickup Service from Hilo or Pahoa Town. If you need a pickup please be sure to tell us when making your reservation.
- Government Photo ID: For the safety and security of everyone in the community, we require a government-issued ID such as a passport or driver’s license.
- Change of Date Fee: Normally, we charge a $20 Change of Date Fee. However, the new dates you request are still subject to availability!
- 1-Day Reservations & Drop-Ins. Unfortunately, we do not allow one day reservations booked more than a week in advance. However, drops-ins are fine but space is subject to availability!
Termination of Stay
We offer very affordable rates to stay in our relaxed and friendly eco-tourist community. However, we reserve the right to terminate the stay of a Visitor, Intern, Guest or Volunteer immediately and without refund based on a serious violation of any of the following:
- Loud or socially disruptive behavior that is detrimental to the smooth functioning of the community. Hedonisia has quiet hours. 10:30pm (Sunday – Thursday) and 11:30pm (Friday and Saturday). Please respect them.
- Continual failure to follow good hygiene for shared kitchen, bathroom and shower spaces. i.e. “Clean up as you go!”
- Continued inconsiderate use of any entertainment device in common areas that disrupts community harmony.
- Drunken ALCOHOL Use – We allow the drinking of alcohol but not drunkenness. The Hedonisia definition of drunkenness is: “Any behavior whilst under the influence of alcohol that causes another Community Member to feel uncomfortable.”
- Many romances have started here in our little jungle Paradise! However, we do not accept violations of the Hedonisia Consent Culture Guidelines.
- In a community of individuals, the community does not impose itself on any individual. But neither does anyone impose themselves by disturbing the community harmony.
Violation of Hedonisia Community Guidelines. If you are asked to leave due to a violation of any of the Hedonisia Community Guidelines then NO refunds are given unless you leave respectfully, with no drama and clean up your lodging space after you. Then you can apply for a Partial Compassionate Refund.
- More than 2 weeks Notice. If you need to cancel your reservation before please try to do so with as much notice as possible. Guest Cancellations with at least 2 weeks notice prior to arrival are subject to a 30% Cancellation Fee.
- Less than 2 Weeks Notice. Guests or Volunteers who cancel within 2 weeks before arrival or after their first night of stay are subject to a 50% cancellation fee.
- All Other Guest Cancellations. Unless there is something wrong with the lodgings or our service, we usually issue no refunds once you begin your stay unless you apply for a Compassionate Refund.