Be a Virtual Volunteer from anywhere in the World
With the destruction of our community in the Kilauea volcano eruption, the Hedonisia Community is now virtual.
Hedonisia works on several projects with a global reach. We offer a Virtual Volunteer program where you can 'work from home' on our activist and ecofeminist web projects.
Virtual Volunteer Web Projects
Here is a quick overview of some of our projects, the stage of development we are with them, and what type of work we need.
We love working with people who are passionate about the projects they choose. Simply choose the project you'd like to contribute to based on your interests and experience and then complete the online application below.
- Activist Entrepreneur. How to create a business based on your ideas for making the world a better place. Need research for editing and updating content.
- Hedonisia Diversity & Free Speech Workshops: How to communicate in a diverse business workforce. Editing course curriculum and video scripts.
- EcoSensual.org: Sex-Positive Natural Birth Control Methods eCalendar.
- Tantric Ganja.com: A marijuana-based aphrodisiac for female sexual empowerment and pleasure.
- World Art Erotica.com: A virtual museum of sensual art and literature from around the world.
- Natural Miscarriage.org: Reproductive Rights for women in conservative and poor regions of the world. Editing and fact-checking web content.
Virtual Volunteer Benefits
- Satisfaction from being part of some great social projects. Volunteers are contributing to projects that have broader social and progressive goals.
- Volunteer Portfolio: Once a volunteer has completed a project they are free to list it in their portfolio or resumé.
- Volunteer Credit: If a volunteer finishes a project and completes the Hedonisia Volunteer Follow-Up Questionnaire, they can request to be listed as a contributor where appropriate. We try to give volunteers credit for their contributions depending on whether the project is a website, mobile, or book.
- Certificate of Appreciation. Volunteers receive a Certificate of Appreciation and Reference if they complete any Hedonisia work project.
- University Educational Requirements. We can provide letters of confirmation to volunteers who are contributing to a Hedonisia project as part of their educational requirements.
Virtual Volunteer Skill Requirements
If you have any of the following skills, please feel free to apply:
- Research and Writing skills
- Work-related experience in any of the above web projects.
- WordPress Skills (plugins and site design)
- Education: Women's studies, Sociology, Humanities, Liberal Arts degree, etc.
- Social Media or SEO for our websites
- Video Editing (YouTube, iMovie, or other video experience.