Post-Volcano: Eco-Community Volunteer Body Work
Physical Work in Hawaii - Work as a Workout!
Many Volunteers and Interns who have worked on our community in the tropics describe themselves as feeling more fit and healthy than they have in years!
If you are from the city and have not done much physical work before do not get discouraged! We have plenty of things to do such as light weeding or cleaning which is not too strenuous! As long as you have enthusiasm and a willingness to learn then you will pick up new skills while you are here.
Volunteer jobs for those who like BODY work!
- Weeding – We weed the invasive species and replace them with lush flowers, plants, fruits, and trees.
- Sustainable Gardener: Assisting in ground preparation, planting, plant identification, composting, harvesting. If you like working with a machete, a shovel a pickax or weedwacker then you will love our volcanic jungle landscape!
Household & Beauty
- Housekeeping: Kitchen & Bathroom: Light Household cleaning duties (vacuuming, dish-washing cleaning, laundry)
- Community Maintenance: General Household duties
- Community Beautification: If you have any skill such as natural home decor and see a way that you can contribute to beautifying the property and it’s facilities then, as long as we approve it, you can be a Community Beautician!
- Painting – For those of you who find it soothing to paint!
Skilled Volunteers or Builders
We welcome skilled eco-friendly builders who are able to create ‘tiny homes’. We offer special rates to anyone who has building or carpentry skills. Please let us know when you apply!
We love applicants who enjoy work using renewable and recycled materials!
- Carpenter – Repairing, improving and building small projects and custom furniture. We try to use materials to build with such as Strawberry Guava which is a fast-growing tropical hardwood that is an invasive species in Hawaii as well as our various varieties of Bamboo to create eco-friendly tourist lodgings.
- Eco-Construction and Eco-Builder. Resourceful roofers or builders who can build and repair using eco-friendly methods, recycled materials or Bamboo or other locally sourced wood or scrap building materials.
If you have home building experience feel free to apply to be part of our pioneer team!